How to Sell to independentbuyback.com
How to Sell to independentbuyback.com
Step 1 - Set up an account
You'll soon be telling us what Video Games, DVDs, and CDs items you have to sell, so we need to save that information (no need to do it all in one session). Click here to set up your account now, or click the Start Here link on our home page.
Step 2 - Search for the titles you have to sell
Click the Sell Games tab at the top of the screen to go to our Search to Sell Video Games page, or the Sell DVDs tab to reach the Search to Sell DVDs page, or the Sell CDs tab to reach the Search to Sell CDs page.
To tell us what Video Games, DVDs, or CDs items you have - you'll have to search for those titles in our database.
There are two ways to search: one-by-one, or in bulk - multiple titles at the same time. In order to search for music, you must provide us with a piece of information about each title:
Entering a UPC code is often more accurate; only one product will appear, so you won't have to search through a list to find the one you want. On the other hand, if you are selling a number of products by the same artist, searching on the artist's name may be a very convenient way to do it.
- Title: The title of the product (easy and produces great results)
- UPC: Unique 12-digit barcode number located on the back of the product case (best results a little less easy)
- Keyword: Any sequence of keywords appearing in a title or the artist's name (easiest and produces good results)
- Artist (for Music CDs): The title artist - singer, band, etc. (easy and the results are adequate)
Important: Due to product reissues by manufacturers, sometimes UPC searches will not find a title - try searching by title or artist (for Music Cds) instead.
- In the Search Music drop-down list box, select the information you want to type: title, UPC, keyword or artist.
- Type the information into the text box. Note that you don't need to enter a complete artist or title - cooper, for instance, will find Alice Cooper, Dana Cooper, Marc Cooper, and so on.
- Click Go or Enter.
Step 3 - Decide if you want to sell, or save for later
After a successful search, you'll see one of three things:
Important: See our Product Quality Requirement guidelines.
- A list of titles - find the title you want in the list and click the title
- A list of artists - find the artist you want and click on the artist's name
- Information about a particular Game, DVD, or CD
Once you've found the Game, DVD, or CD you want to sell, make sure it really is the title you have - remember, many Video Games, DVDs, and CDs are released in several different versions. If you are on a page listing multiple titles and you need more details, click the title name to see more information.
Note that there's a price associated with every title in the list, and on each title's individual page. This is the price that we will pay you for your title.
You now have two options:
- Click SELL NOW - the title will be added to your cart, the list of titles that you want to sell to us
Each time you click the SELL NOW button, the selling cart, on the left side of the page, will update to show how many items you have in the cart, the total value, and information about the last item you added.
- Click Save for Later - the title will be added to a special area of your selling cart, where it will be saved for later sale.
Step 4 - Look at the Selling Cart
Once you've added all your titles, click the Cart button at the top right of the page, or at the top of the mini-cart on the left side of the page.
On the Selling Cart page, you'll see the titles you've added to the cart. You'll also see the prices that we will pay, and the total value of the combined sale.
Missing Information: If you add items to the selling cart and return later, you'll probably see those earlier titles in the cart. If not, log into your account.
Click the Your Account icon at the top of the page.
There are actually two sections of the selling cart:
You can do a number of things on this page:
- SELLING CART ITEMS - This lists the titles you want to sell to us right now.
- SAVED ITEMS - This lists items you may want to sell to use later. When you check out, these titles will not be included in the order.
Note, the Saved For Later Items list will only be displayed if there are items in the list.
Important: Register for an account to ensure that your data is saved - this will allow you to come back later and find your information, so you don't have to do all the work in one session. Click the Your Account icon at the top of the page.
- Move a title from the SELLING CART ITEMS list to the SAVED ITEMS list: click Save for Later on the title line
- Move a title from the SAVED ITEMS list to the SELLING CART ITEMS list: click Move to Cart on the title line
- Remove an item from either list: Click Delete on the title line
- Search for more music to sell: Click the SELL MORE button, or click the Sell Music, Sell DVD, or Sell Game tab at the top of the page
- Sell to independentbuyback.com now!: Click the CHECKOUT button
Your selling cart will be saved for 10 days.
Step 5 - Complete the Sale
Once you've added all the titles you want to sell to independentbuyback.com, perform the following steps:
Important: We have a $10.00 minimum. You cannot sell to independentbuyback.com until you have added at least $10.00's worth of CDs to the SELLING CART ITEMS list
- Click CHECKOUT at the bottom of the SELLING CART ITEMS list
- You now need to create an account, or log into your account. (If you've already logged into your account, you'll go straight to the following step.) When you've done so, you'll go to the Select Address page.
- For payment and legal reasons you will need to specify a valid mailing address. During checkout you will be taken to the add address page if you haven't previously specified a mailing address. Add your address and click the SAVE button.
- You'll then see the Select Payment Method page. We currently pay by Check or PayPal - once we've received your titles, we'll send your money to your PayPal account or email/mail a check to the contact information you've provided us. Select one of the payment options then click on the CONTINUE button.
- You'll see the Order Verification page. Read carefully, to make sure everything is okay. If you sell us 16 items (Video Games, DVDs, or CDs items) or more we'll provide with a shipping credit to cover 4th Class USPS shipping.
- Click the ORDER button at the bottom of the page
- You'll see the Confirmation page
- Print two copies of this page; keep one copy for your records
- Cut out the labels provided - one is a mailing label to be placed on the outside of your shipping package, and the other is a Packing Invoice to be placed inside the box.
- Read the information on the confirmation page carefully before packing and shipping your titles.
- Pack your titles carefully; we cannot accept damaged titles.
- See our Shipping Resources section for information on preferred methods of shipping, general information and insurance. Remember: Please make certain your package to us has the proper insurance.
Your package is valuable and we are not responsible for orders that have not reached us or have reached us damaged. We require that you purchase insurance for your shipment to us. In addition we will pay for the insurance for orders totaling
$50 or more.
See Free Shipping & Insurance details for more information.
- Ship to us, and wait for your money!
Step 6 - Packaging Guidelines
Given the recent events involving postal packages, we would like to communicate the following packaging guidelines to help prevent inquiries, misunderstandings, and delays associated with your shipments. During this period of heightened alert and concern for all who send and receive mail and other postal packages, your effort will make an important difference.
Carefully wrap and clearly label your packages.
- Prepare a professional, clean package. Use new shipping/packing materials intended for packing items like yours. Avoid the use of drying materials or similar substances. Seal all shipments tightly and be sure to wipe away any dust or debris that may have collected on the item before packing for delivery.
- Use a complete return address on all packages, printed in a neat and legible manner. Include your seller name in the return address.
- The use of metered postage is recommended. Avoid excessive postage and the use of small denomination postage stamps.
- Insure your package! (See below)
- Remember to include the packing slip provided to you during the checkout process. You can access your mailing and invoice labels through "Your Account".
Who pays shipping costs?
We do! We provide you a shipping credit based 4th Class shipping through the U.S. Postal Service to independentbuyback.com for selling us 16 items or more. You ship the products to us and we reimburse you for the shipping. For sending us less than 16 qualified items, we request that you pay for the shipping - but make sure you send us 16 or more! For other alternatives in shipping see Shipping Resources for more information.
What if my package is lost?
We require that you insure your shipment for the replacement cost of all pre-owned merchandise sent to us.
We are not responsible for merchandise that is lost in transit or damaged upon arrival to us (or its partners).
For orders totaling $50 or more we provide you
a shipping insurance credit based on current USPS rates.
However, if your order is not shipped with the proper insurance, the credit will be rescinded from your payment.
Please see Free Shipping & Insurance for specific details.